Sunday, April 18, 2010

Threesome.

I'm definitely having trouble sticking to one solid project, seeing as I've got so many projects going at the same time.

The Opening - series

The Opening series is the first long-term project I've ever done, and it is still ongoing. I started the first book of the series several years ago, and a hiatus-gone-wrong forced me to put it down for a while. I wrote the sequel for National Novel Writing Month 2009, which was a huge accomplish for me, and it definitely made me want to continue with the series.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of holes that need repairing, plenty of characters that need doctoring, and plenty of chunks of dialogue that need...help. While I believe there is hope for the series, it will definitely come at a cost high in coffee and low in sleep.

- - -

Undertaking - Fated Earth series

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic/oh God it's the end of the world fiction, but I've never tried my hand at it. I punched out the idea for this series over the course of a couple of days and even started a small piece of the first chapter. The idea, in my opinion, is quite promising, and as a result, I'm hesitant to start it. I think I'll set this one aside for NaNoWriMo '10, and we'll see how that goes.

- - -

Untitled - novel

I've been itching to write, and I can't wait for NaNoWriMo to roll around, so I decided to set a very easy deadline for myself, and that is to have a 50,000 word novel finished by the end of August, and this novel (which revolves around reincarnation) was the piece that I decided to mess with. So far, I'm definitely struggling, and it is absolute crap (although hallucinations are always fun to tamper with), but I'm writing again, and that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment