Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Update: The Opening, among other things.

"Do unto your characters the most deranged things possible."

I managed to salvage a few more pieces of writing from the old computer, and lo and behold, last year's NaNoWriMo remains intact, grammatical errors, typos, and fucked-up-ness and all.

Late last night, I began the rewrite for The Opening, finally, after months of procrastination and half-assed planning. It felt great to pound out that 2k+ in such a short time, but my brain was definitely turning to jelly by the time I finally crawled into bed, sometime after seven in the morning. The beginning is definitely very rough, but I've got hope that the bulk of the novel itself won't be so...shabby.

Sometime soon, I'll post a synopsis for you all to read.

Also: If for whatever reason I see that my characters, my plot, or anything having to do with my novel has been stolen, I can promise that I will hunt ye downe and rain destruction upon your house. Upon both your houses.

I'm also on the hunt for a new title for this novel, but I'm sure that will show itself in due time.

July 1st is the deadline for receiving the proof copy from CreateSpace, and I'm trying as hard as I can to get this novel finished before then. At the very least, I have a backup plan and will submit another piece, but I would really like to get this first novel in hard copy form as a hopeful inspiration to finish the damned series. Unlikely, but hey. I'm a writer, I make things up for a living.

Okay, I don't really make a living off of this (yet!), but shut up.

In other news, the weather completely sucks today. It is cold and windy. Enough with the whining, and now back to the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment